This recipe for making 7-ingredient keto cottage cheese pancakes is such a great pancake base for all your favorite keto toppings. It’s also high in protein and fiber, making it an ideal power breakfast.
How to Make Keto Cottage Cheese Pancakes
These keto cottage cheese pancakes are very easy to make and each pancake packs quite a bit of protein. Here’s the recipe:
- Blend. Add the almond flour, a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia, baking powder, cottage cheese, 2 large eggs, and pure vanilla extract to either an immersion blender or a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Melt the butter. Add the butter to a large skillet and melt over medium low heat.
- Cook the pancakes on your skillet. Add ¼ cup of pancake batter for each pancake to the skillet and cook until small bubbles begin to form on the tops; then carefully flip the pancakes and cook the other side for approximately 60-90 seconds (or until they’re cooked through).
- Serve. Serve warm.
Keto Cottage Cheese Pancake Toppers
These keto cottage cheese pancakes are quite tasty when served all on their own, but they’re definitely even better when you add some toppings. With that in mind, here are some of our favorite keto pancake toppers:
- Whipped cream and fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 100% natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- Keto chocolate
- Nuts and seeds like chia seeds, pumpkin seeds
Can I Freeze Cottage Cheese Pancakes?
Keto cottage cheese pancakes are quite a freezer-friendly meal!
As with any food that you want to freeze, you’ll first want to make sure that you allow your pancakes to cool completely before freezing them. Flash freeze the pancakes on a baking sheet first. This helps to prevent them from sticking together in the freezer.
After flash freezing the pancakes, you can transfer them to a heavy duty, freezer-safe bag and store them in your freezer. When stored in the freezer like this, your keto cottage cheese pancakes should keep for up to one month.
Can I Use This Recipe to Make Waffles Too?
In all honesty, this particular recipe won’t work very well for making waffles. That’s because each of the 7 ingredients chosen to make these cottage cheese pancakes has been carefully selected for this recipe. They all work perfectly in tandem to produce these scrumptious pancakes and won’t crisp up well in a waffle maker.
Don’t be discouraged though. There are still plenty of ways to make your own yummy keto waffles from scratch. Check out this quick and easy keto waffle recipe if you’re interested.
(You may also like: 2-Ingredient Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes)
Keto Cottage Cheese Pancakes (Low Carb, High Protein)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp granulated Stevia or other granulated low carb sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- Using an immersion blender or food processor blend all the ingredients except butter.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium low heat.
- Drop ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto the hot skillet.
- Cook until small bubbles begin to form on the top.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook on the other side 60 – 90 seconds or until cooked through.
- Serve warm.