Crunchy Keto Coconut Shrimp with Creamy Dipping Sauce
Who can say no to crunchy keto coconut shrimp that comes complete with a homemade creamy dipping sauce? This is a mouthwatering dish that you’ll want to dig into as soon as it’s out of the fryer; it’s just that good!
How to Make Keto Coconut Shrimp Dipping Sauce
I usually like to make the homemade dipping sauce first and then set it aside whenever I make this recipe:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the mayonnaise, Sriracha hot sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, and a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Season. Season with salt to taste and set aside until ready to use.
How to Make Keto Coconut Shrimp
After making the dipping sauce, you can turn your attention to preparing the coconut shrimp:
- Beat the eggs. Add the eggs to a shallow bowl and beat with salt and black pepper before setting to the side.
- Prepare the coconut mixture. Add the shredded coconut, coconut flour, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and black pepper to taste to a separate bowl and mix to combine.
- Dredge the shrimp. Dip each piece of shrimp into the egg mixture and then press into the shredded coconut mixture.
- Prepare the cooking oil. Pour the frying oil (we recommend using extra virgin olive oil) to a depth of ½ inch into a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Fry. Fry the shrimp in batches until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes per batch.
- Serve. Serve the shrimp along with the homemade dipping sauce.
How to Clean and Peel Shrimp
Before dredging your shrimp, you’ll first want to take a few minutes to properly clean and peel them. If you’re not sure just how exactly to do that, then follow these simple steps:
- Hold each shrimp firmly by the tail and gently pull off the legs (pull off the head as well if it’s still attached).
- Unwrap and remove the shell.
- Use a small knife to make an incision from along the top of the shrimp all the way down to the tail.
- Use the tip of the knife to devein the shrimp.
- Discard the outer shell and vein.
- Rinse the shrimp under cool water.
- Allow the shrimp to thoroughly dry on a piece of paper towel.
(Learn more: How Keto-friendly Is Shrimp?)
Best Way to Store Keto Coconut Shrimp Leftovers
In the unlikely event that you have leftovers of this tasty keto coconut shrimp, then the best way to store them is to seal them tightly inside of an airtight container. Keep the container in the fridge and you can expect your leftover cooked shrimp to keep for up to 3-4 days.
(You may also like: Shrimp Alfredo Keto Pasta)
Crunchy Keto Coconut Shrimp
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- oil for frying
For the dipping sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- salt to taste
- To make the sauce, in a bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Add the shredded coconut, coconut flour, Creole seasoning, garlic powder and salt and black pepper to taste to another bowl and mix to combine.
- Dip each shrimp in the eggs then press in the shredded coconut mixture.
- Pour the frying oil to depth of 1/2 inch in a large skillet and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Fry the shrimps in batches until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per batch.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe