Sometimes the most popular keto desserts are also the simplest, and this no-bake keto coconut cream pie recipe is no exception. You’ll be making everything totally from scratch, including the low carb homemade crust and coconut cream pie filling.
How to Make a Keto Coconut Cream Pie Crust
The first thing that I like to do whenever I make this recipe is get the keto-friendly pie crust out of the way:
- Combine the almond flour and sweetener. Add the almond flour and a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add butter. Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Transfer to the pan. Transfer the dough to an 8 inch round pie pan and evenly press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes.
How to Make Keto Coconut Cream Pie Filling
While your dough is in the fridge, it’s a perfect time to turn your attention towards preparing the homemade coconut cream pie filling.
- Combine the creams. Combine the heavy whipping cream and coconut cream in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Keep a close eye on it because you don’t want it to burn.
- Boil. Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove it from the heat.
- Whisk. Add the eggs, one egg yolk, and a low carb granulated sweetener into a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the cream mixture. Gradually pour the prepared heavy cream mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return to the saucepan. Pur the combined mixtures back into the saucepan.
- Cook. Cook for 4-5 minutes, whisking the mixture constantly, over medium heat or until the mixture has slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with xanthan gum before mixing to combine.
- Finish it off. Add the coconut extract, pure vanilla extract, and shredded coconut and whisk to combine.
- Cool. Cover the filling with plastic wrap and allow it to cool completely.
- Refrigerate. Pour the filling into the pie crust and refrigerate overnight.
How to Make the Best Coconut Topping
After refrigerating the pie crust and filling overnight, you’ll just have to spend a few minutes to quickly whip up the coconut topping before you can finally serve your delicious pie:
- Beat. Add the heavy cream, pure vanilla extract, and a low carb granulated sweetener to a bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread. Spread the coconut topping mixture over top of the chilled pie.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle the pie with toasted coconut flakes.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
2 Quick Tips for Making Keto Pies
Here are a few of our top tips that you can keep in mind when making your next keto pie:
- It all starts with the crust. Every good pie needs a good pie crust and a keto pie (whether baked or no-bake like this recipe) is no exception. With that in mind, we like to keep things simple by sticking with the basics when it comes to keto pie crust making, so with that in mind, almond flour will be your best bet for making your pie crust 9 times out of 10.
- To bake or not to bake? There are some keto pie recipes that will work either baked or as a no-bake variety. The main difference is quite often in how the crust will turn out (this is especially true with graham cracker based pie crusts); baking your keto pies will obviously end up with a crisper crust while no-bake pie crusts tend to be soft and chewy.
No-Bake Keto Coconut Cream Pie
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
For the crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup powdered Stevia or other low carb powdered sweetener
- ½ cup butter,melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
For the topping:
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered Stevia or other low carb powdered sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- To make the crust, in a bowl combine the almond flour and sweetener.
- Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Transfer the dough to an 8 inch round pie pan and evenly press the dough in bottom and up sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, combine the heavy cream and coconut cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, egg yolk and sweetener.
- Gradually pour the heavy cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Cook, whisking constantly, for 4-5 minutes over medium heat or until until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with xantan gum and whisk to combine.
- Add the coconut extract, vanilla extract and shredded coconut and whisk to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it cool completely.
- Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, beat the heavy cream, vanilla extract and sweetener in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the chilled pie.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes and serve.