This recipe for making 5-ingredient keto clusters is perfect for anyone looking to bring a high energy and high protein snack with them for any outdoor adventures or hikes you may have planned this summer. I’m certain you guys will also appreciate the flexibility this recipe offers as well, as it allows you to mix and match your own favorite nut and seed mixtures.
How to Make Keto Clusters
It’s quick and easy to make these protein-packed keto clusters; you can have them ready to go from start to finish in less than 15 minutes:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Process. Add the unsweetened coconut chips, a mixture of your favorite nuts (almonds, pecans, etc), a mixture of your favorite seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc), and a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia to a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the butter. Transfer the seed and nut mixture to a bowl and then add the melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Bake. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and spread out evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Serve. Break into large chunks and serve.
What Are the Benefits of Eating High Protein Snacks?
There are all kinds of reasons why you should be enjoying high protein snacks like these clusters. Here are a few of the main benefits that high protein snacks can offer you:
- Reduces appetite and may help to prevent binge eating. Protein has been proven to reduce levels of ghrelin, the hunger hormone. In addition to that, it also boosts levels of peptide YY, a hormone responsible for making you feel satiated. (1)
- Helps to build muscle mass. We’re all aware of how necessary protein is when it comes to building strength and muscle mass. High protein snacks like these keto clusters are fantastic as they’re a quick and easy way to help you squeeze in those extra calories from protein. (2)
- Boosts bone health. Protein also plays a role in strengthening the health of your bones. Studies have found that individuals who eat more protein maintain bone mass better as they age. On top of that, there’s also evidence that they’re at a lower risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures. (3)
Are Keto Clusters High in Calories?
Admittedly, keto clusters are indeed quite a caloric-dense snacking option. Don’t let that scare you off, however.
This can actually be quite a good thing, especially if you are indeed taking these clusters as a snack for any outdoor adventures that you have planned. And let’s not forget the fact that all of those calories are coming from nutritious, whole food ingredients.
That higher calorie content (along with their outstanding protein and fat macros) will work wonders for keeping you satiated with a steady stream of energy.
Can I Freeze These Keto Clusters?
You can most definitely freeze these keto clusters.
As usual with anything that comes out of the oven, you’ll want to first make sure that you allow the clusters to cool completely.
I also usually like to break my clusters apart before freezing them. Once that is done, you can simply add the clusters to an airtight container or a heavy duty freezer-safe bag and then freeze them.
These 5-ingredient keto clusters will keep for up to 2-3 months.
(You may also like: Fat Bomb Keto Breakfast Muffins)
5-Ingredient Keto Clusters for a High Energy, High Protein Snack
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 cup nuts (almonds, pecans or combination of your favorite nuts)
- ½ cup seeds (pumpkin, sunflower or combination of your favorite seeds)
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 5 tbsp granulated Stevia and other low carb granulated sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the coconut, nuts, seeds and sweetener in a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Brake into large chunks and serve.