Ooey-Gooey Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
I’ve always had a weakness for ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies that are warm and fresh out of the oven and these keto chocolate chip cookie bars satisfy that craving in a 100% keto way. These are always a favorite among kids and adults alike, so be sure to make enough for everyone.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
It’s ridiculously easy to whip up these keto chocolate chip cookie bars. You can have them ready to go entirely from scratch in about 30 minutes with this recipe:
- Preheat the oven and prepare your baking pan. Preheat your oven to 350℉. For this recipe, I use an 8×8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, a pinch of salt, and the baking powder to a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs. Use an electric mixer to beat the eggs together with a low carb sweetener like Stevia.
- Combine the ‘wet’ ingredients. Add the almond butter, dairy butter, and pure vanilla extract in with the eggs and beat to combine.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures. Add the almond flour mixture in with the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. We’ll be using sugar-free dark chocolate chips for this one. You could also use sugar-free milk chocolate or white chocolate chips if you prefer. You could also use a combination of different types, as long as they’re all sugar-free.
- Bake until golden. Pour the batter onto the prepared baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Serve. Slice into cookie bars and serve.
Can I Make These Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Ahead?
You can easily make this chocolate chip cookie dough ahead of time in order to bake later if you want.
Simply follow the recipe as usual until you fold in the dark chocolate chips. Instead of baking the cookie dough from here, you can just transfer it into an airtight container and then keep it either in the fridge or freezer. For maximum freshness, I wouldn’t recommend leaving the dough at room temperature.
You can reasonably expect your cookie dough to last for about 3 days in the fridge or for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Reheat These Cookie Bars
If you want to reheat any leftover chocolate chip cookie bars, I would recommend slowly warming them up in the oven.
While you could just as easily fire them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, it’s well worth your while to spend a few extra minutes to heat them in the oven instead if you want them to maintain their ooey-gooey goodness.
Are These Cookie Bars Healthy Enough to Eat Everyday?
As long as you aren’t eating 4 or 5 cookie bars in one sitting, you can definitely enjoy this snack on a daily basis. Just remember to practice moderation. Enjoy these cookie as you would any type of keto snack.
With that being said, these cookie bars are indeed quite good for you thanks to the ingredients used that go into making this recipe.
- Almond Flour and Almond Butter – The combination of both almond flour and almond butter provides an abundance of heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, which offer proven cardioprotective benefits like lowered blood pressure and cholesterol levels. (1)
- Coconut Flour – Coconut flour provides a solid mix of dietary fiber and medium chain triglyceride (MCT) fats, both of which are incredibly beneficial for keto dieters. MCT fats in particular have been found to greatly help the body with entering a state of ketosis. (2)
Without meaning to be cliche, what this all basically means that these chocolate chip cookie bars end up being the very definition of a baked keto treat that’s both delicious and nutritious.
(You may also like: Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies)
More Good Keto Bar Recipes
- Keto Granola Bars
- Keto Protein Bars
- Keto Pumpkin Bars
- Keto Pecan Pie Bars
- Keto Lemon Bars
- Keto Breakfast Bars
Ooey-Gooey Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
- 1 ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- ½ cup natural almond butter
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, pinch of salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sweetener.
- Add the almond butter, butter and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Add the almond flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the sugar free chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven.
- Allow it to cool completely before slicing.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe