Buttery Sheet Pan Keto Chicken Piccata for a Soul-Satisfying Dinner
If you’re a fan of Italian inspired keto dishes, then you’re going to absolutely love this recipe for making a buttery sheet pan keto chicken piccata. The chicken cutlets are dredged in a low carb mixture and then cooked along with a savory mixture of lemon juice, white wine, and capers– a fantastic meal!
How to Make Keto Chicken Piccata
Follow these recipe directions and you’ll be making your own keto approved sheet pan chicken piccata like a pro in no time at all:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 400℉.
- Season the chicken. Make sure you don’t skip this step because otherwise, you’ll end up with bland chicken cutlets on the inside. Season your chicken with some salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Prepare the dredging mixture. For the dredging mixture, instead of white flour we’ll be using almond flour and freshly grated Parmesan cheese in a shallow plate.
- Dredge the chicken. Dredge each piece of chicken in the Parmesan mixture.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and then arrange the chicken in an even layer on the sheet.
- Top. Top the chicken with lemon slices and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the wine mixture. While the chicken is baking in the oven, use a small bowl to combine the lemon juice, white wine (or chicken stock), and drained capers.
- Season. Season the wine mixture with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour. Pour the wine mixture over top of the chicken when it comes out of the oven.
- Bake. Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve. Serve warm.
3 Reasons Why You Should Try Sheet Pan Recipes
Sheet pan recipes like this one are the ultimate in convenience when it comes to preparing a healthy meal that the whole family can enjoy. With that in mind, here are 3 reasons why you should be making recipes just like this one:
- Convenience. It’s incredibly easy to add a few simple whole food ingredients to a sheet pan before firing it into the oven to prepare your meal.
- Easy to clean up. Since you’re only using a single sheet pan, it becomes ridiculously easy to clean up afterwards, which ends up saving you even more time.
- Tons of variety. There are literally tons of different keto approved sheet pan recipes available online that make it super easy to prepare a healthy low carb meal.
Tips for Storing Keto Chicken Piccata Leftovers
You can keep any leftover keto chicken piccata in either the fridge or the freezer. No matter which method you choose, you’ll first want to make sure that you allow the picatta to cool off completely.
Once it’s cooled, you can transfer the piccata into an airtight container and store it in either the fridge or freezer. It will keep for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
You’ll want to save as much of the sauce as possible, as some of it will dry up during the reheat process as well.
How to Reheat This Keto Chicken Piccata
The best way to reheat your leftover chicken piccata is to first allow it to thaw out in the fridge overnight (if you froze your leftovers). Once it’s thawed out, you can simply toss the chicken piccata in the oven at 250℉ for around 20 minutes or until it’s warmed through.
Sheet Pan Keto Chicken Piccata
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- ¾ cup white wine or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- In a shallow plate combine the almond flour and grated Parmesan cheese
- Dredge each chicken piece in the Parmesan mixture.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Top with lemon slices and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, white wine and cappers.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the white wine mixture over the chicken and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe