Authentic keto chicken marsala isn’t intimidating at all, especially if you have recipes like this one to help you out. The end result is every bit as rich and flavorful as your favorite hole in the wall takeout spot, except with much healthier ingredients.
How to Make Keto Chicken Marsala
Thanks to this easy to follow recipe, you’ll be whipping up your own homemade (and authentic!) keto chicken marsala in no time at all:
- Season the chicken well. Make sure each chicken breast is seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Add the butter and one tablespoon of olive oil to a large cooking skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken. Add the chicken and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet when done cooking.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the cooking skillet.
- Cook the onion and garlic. Add the chopped onion and cook for 3-5 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Cook the mushrooms. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes (or until tender).
- Add the wine. Add the Marsala wine and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Finish the sauce. Use a large measuring glass to combine the chicken broth and heavy cream and then pour the mixture into the cooking skillet.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Simmer. Add the chicken back into the skillet and spoon the sauce over top. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Serve. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
What is Chicken Marsala?
Chicken marsala is a traditional Italian-American dish that typically consists of golden pan fried chicken, mushrooms, and a rich sauce made from Marsala wine. There are plenty of other ways to make it, with many varieties existing all throughout Italy.
What to Serve with Keto Chicken Marsala
One of my favorite things about chicken marsala is the fact that it goes so well with a wide variety of other dishes. With that in mind, here are some of my favorite things to serve with this keto-friendly chicken marsala:
- Keto cauliflower rice
- Keto approved noodles (egg noodles, almond noodles, etc.)
- Mashed cauliflower
How to Store Keto Chicken Marsala Leftovers
The best way to store any leftover chicken marsala you have is to simply seal it up tightly inside of an airtight container.
You’ll be able to keep leftover chicken marsala in the fridge like this for up to 3 days. You can also freeze your leftovers in this same way for up to one month; just make sure that you allow the chicken marsala to cool completely before freezing.
(You may also like: Keto Orange Chicken Skillet)
Authentic and Comforting Keto Chicken Marsala
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- In the same skillet add the remaining olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the wine and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- In a large glass measuring cup combine the chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Pour into the skillet.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened to your liking.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.