I created this keto chicken stir fry recipe when I wanted to make use of my leftover ingredients in my kitchen, and I’ve been making it almost weekly since then. Here’s how I make it.
How to Make Chicken Cabbage Keto Stir Fry
- Make the sauce. Combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil. Mix well and set aside.
- Cook the chicken. In a wok, heat some oil over high heat and cook the chicken.
- Season. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Stir fry the ginger and garlic. Use the same work to saute the ginger and garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add the other vegetables. Add in your broccoli, carrots and cabbage and stir fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in.
- Stir in the sauce mixture. Continue to stir fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Best Way to Store Cabbage Stir Fry
The best way to store cabbage stir fry if you’re having it for later is to store the dressing separately so that the shredded cabbage doesn’t get soggy.
I like to make a fresh batch of shredded cabbage whenever I’m ready to serve this, but if that’s not possible, the shredded cabbage will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator without the dressing.
Are Stir Fried Dishes Low Carb?
Not all stir fried dishes are low carb, especially if you consider that many of them include noodles as one of the main ingredients, not to mention sugar-based sauces.
For this recipe, it’s 100 percent keto approved because I omitted the noodles, and the sauces used don’t contain excess sugars. By making these changes, we ensure that the carb content stays low thanks to the vegetables, while still packing a lot of flavors into the dish.
Can I Use Another Protein Instead of Chicken?
Yes, absolutely! I’ve tried with both beef slices and shrimp and both have turned out amazingly well. You could also use boneless chicken thighs as an alternative to the boneless chicken breasts outlined in this recipe.
Garlic Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry (Addictive, Keto-friendly and Healthy)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 cups sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the chicken, season with salt and black pepper to taste and stir-fry until done.
- Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and cabbage and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Return the chicken into the wok.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture and continue to stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Other Drool-Worthy Keto Chicken Recipes You Need to Try
- Keto Fried Chicken – I’ve made my fair share of fried chicken, and I’m proud to say that this version is my best yet. It’s juicy in the center, the outer coating is packed with flavor, and it’s made with 100% keto approved ingredients from start to finish.
- Keto Chicken Parmesan – This chicken parmesan is as good as it gets! It has cheese, chicken, and the perfect marinara sauce to pair with your favorite keto pasta.
- White Chicken Crockpot Chili – Nothing says comfort food like a bowl of my favorite chili, and when it’s loaded with chicken and cheese too, you just know it’s going to be a dinner staple.