Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole (Easy!)
If you’re a fan of low carb casserole dishes, then you’re going to absolutely love this recipe for making a save-worthy chicken bacon ranch casserole. The casserole is of course 100% keto-friendly and it’s packed full of tasty whole food ingredients.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this yummy keto casserole dish:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 375℉.
- Combine the ingredients. Add your choice of either grilled or cooked pieces of chopped chicken breasts, minced garlic cloves, chopped bacon slices, low carb Ranch dressing, ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and the spinach to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Prepare for baking. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top. Top the casserole with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve. Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before serving.
3 Quick Tips for Making Keto Approved Casseroles
Considering that keto approved casseroles make up the bulk of the family dinners that I cook, I thought it might be useful to share some of my top tips for making the best keto-friendly casserole dishes:
- Pick a protein source. Although it isn’t technically required to include a source of protein in every one of your casserole dishes, I strongly recommend doing so if you want to get the best bang for your buck as far as nutrition goes. With that being said, it’s actually quite easy to up the protein content of your casseroles because most of the keto approved ingredients used are either high fat or high protein options.
- But don’t forget the fat. While protein is more important to help you hit your keto macros and increase satiety, dietary fat is even more important when it comes to helping keto dieters hit their macros. Thankfully, it’s also easy to add quality (and tasty!) fat sources to your keto casseroles; this particular recipe makes fantastic use of both bacon and two different types of cheese.
- Round it out with nutritious veggies. Last but not least, it’s important to make sure that you’re getting all of your required micronutrients on top of hitting your keto macros. Adding a variety of low carb vegetables to your casseroles is a great way to get your essential vitamins, minerals, and other antioxidative benefits that healthy veggies are known to provide.
Best Way to Store Your Keto Casserole Leftovers for Later
If you have any leftover casserole that you would like to store, you’re first going to want to make sure that you allow it to cool off completely.
Once that’s done, you can transfer your leftovers into an airtight container and then store them in either the fridge or the freezer.
When stored in the fridge like this, your casserole leftovers will keep for up to 5-6 days. Alternatively, if you freeze your leftovers instead, they will keep for up to 6 months.
(Also try: 8 Easy Keto Chicken Casserole Recipes)
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole (Easy!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
- 1 ½ pounds grilled or cooked chicken breasts, chopped or shredded
- 8 cooked bacon slices, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup low-carb Ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Add the chicken, garlic, bacon, Ranch dressing, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, ½ cup of cheddar cheese and spinach to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe