Double Cheese Keto Chips (Crunchy and Dippable!)
One of the first snack foods that I noticed I missed when I started following the keto diet was potato chips. For weeks while my body adjusted to running on next to no carbs, I would get these ridiculous urges for something crunchy and salty. If that sounds familiar to you, then you’re going to love this double cheese keto chips recipe.
These easy keto-friendly chips are perfectly crunchy and so good when paired with your favorite salsa or dip, while also offering enough cheesy goodness to be enjoyed on their own as well.
How to Make Double Cheese Keto Chips
Craving something to snack on that’s both low carb and ridiculously tasty? Here’s how you can easily make your own double cheese keto chips.
- Get everything ready. Preheat your oven and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure that you leave a bit extended past the sides to lift the cheese out after baking.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the shredded cheddar cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, Monterey jack cheese, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and chili powder into a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Bake. Spread your cheese mixture out evenly across your prepared baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chips are visibly crispy.
- Cut into triangles. Remove the cheese from the oven and allow to cool off slightly. Very carefully lift the melted cheese out using the parchment paper handles. Allow to cool for a little longer and then cut the cheese into triangles.
- Serve. Serve the cheese keto chips with your favorite salsa or dip.
What Makes These Keto Chips Such a Healthy Snacking Option?
Making low carb chips like this is a far healthier snacking option than eating store bought potato chips. Here are just a few of those reasons:
- Lowers blood pressure. Natural sea salt consumption has been found to help with hypertension by lowering high blood pressure. (1)
- Anti-inflammatory benefits. Both garlic powder and onion powder contain anti-inflammatory compounds that may help to prevent disease. (2)
- High protein snack. Making chips with cheese is a great way to make your own high protein snacks. As an added benefit, the cheese is also an excellent source of calcium.
What’s the Best Way to Store Homemade Cheese Keto Chips?
These cheese chips are a great snacking option for making ahead of time. As a matter of fact, I find that they turn out even better if you wait at least one day before enjoying them.
To store the keto chips, you’re first going to want to leave them at room temperature overnight. This gives them time to become as crispy as possible.
You can then store the chips in an airtight container and leave them at room temperature or in the fridge.
Can You Recommend Any Dips to Go With These Low Carb Chips?
These cheese chips are great when they’re enjoyed as a snack on their own, but they’re even better when served with some kind of dip. Here are a few good dipping options to pair with these chips:
- Buffalo chicken dip
- Low carb salsa mix
Other Keto Chips You Can Try
Double Cheese Keto Chips
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper that extends past the sides. Set aside.
- In a bowl, place the cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and spices and toss to combine.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until visibly crispy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Carefully lift the melted cheese out using the parchment paper handles.
- Allow to cool a little more then cut into triangles.
- Serve with your favorite salsa or dip.
Hi there. How are these stored after baking?
This is not my recipe, but I make a similar one. I allow the chips to stay out on a cooling rack overnight to completely crisp up. Then store in an airtight container on the counter or in the pantry.