Today’s recipe is all about a truly unique recipe that you’re going to want to make again and again–garlic butter chaffle ham and cheese sandwiches! It’s every bit as mouth watering as it sounds, and the garlic butter sauce is just to die for.
How to Make a Garlic Butter Chaffle Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Chaffles are quite easy to make in your standard waffle maker. Here’s the recipe:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, baking powder, and flaxseed meal (if you’re using it; the flaxseed is totally optional) to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Combine the cheese and eggs. Add the shredded mozzarella cheese and 4 large eggs to a separate bowl and mix to combine.
- Whisk the mixture. Add the almond flour mixture into the cheese and egg mixture and whisk to combine.
- Prepare the waffle maker. Preheat a mini waffle maker. You could also use a regular waffle maker and slice it in half later on to make mini waffle pieces.
- Cook. Pour 3-4 tablespoons of the chaffle mixture to fill the bottom part of the waffle maker; be careful not to overfill. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare the baking dish. Lightly grease a square baking dish and then place 4 chaffles on the bottom.
- Brush with the garlic butter sauce. Take your brush or even just a small teaspoon will do and drizzle the garlic butter on top. (see below for details on how to make the garlic butter sauce)
- Top your chaffles with your toppings of choice. For this recipe, we’re using ham and sliced Swiss cheese. Place the remaining chaffles on top to make sandwiches.
- Brush again. Once again brush the chaffles with the remaining homemade garlic butter sauce.
- Bake. Bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (or until the cheese has melted).
- Serve. Serve warm.
How to Make a Garlic Butter Sauce
I usually like to get the garlic butter sauce done first so that it’s out of the way. You can then just set it to the side while you make the sandwiches.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the softened butter, minced garlic cloves, and minced fresh parsley to a small bowl and set aside.
- Brush. Brush your chaffles with the garlic butter when ready.
- Finish it off. Finish preparing your ham and cheese sandwiches according to the recipe.
How to Store Keto Chaffle Sandwiches
You can store your keto chaffle sandwichess in either the fridge or the freezer. You’ll just want to make sure that you keep them sealed up tightly inside of an airtight container.
These sandwiches will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
(You may also like: Keto Cinnamon Roll Chaffles with Cream Cheese Icing)
Garlic Butter Chaffle Ham and Cheese Sandwich (Keto-friendly, Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the chaffle:
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 large Egg
- 8 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp flaxseed meal (optional)
For the garlic butter:
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
The rest of ingredients:
- ½ pound ham
- ½ pound sliced Swish cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- To make the garlic butter, combine all the ingredients and set aside.
- To make the chaffle, in a small bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder and flaxseed meal (if using).
- In another bowl combine the eggs and shredded mozzarella.
- Add the almond flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Preheat a mini waffle maker.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of mixture to fill the bottom part, do not overfill.
- Cook for 3-5 minute or until golden brown.
- Lightly grease a square baking dish.
- Place 4 chaffles on the bottom.
- Brush the chaffles with garlic butter.
- Top with ham and cheese.
- Place the remaining chaffles onto the sandwiches.
- Brush with remaining garlic butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.