Keto Chaffle BLT Sandwich with Avocado Mayo
Even though this keto chaffle BLT sandwich was discovered by accident, it quickly became a new favorite recipe within the family because, well, who can say no to bacon and waffles? Not only will you be making your own low carb chaffle sandwich from scratch, but you’ll also be making an irresistible homemade avocado mayo to add to it as well.
How to Make a Keto Chaffle BLT Sandwich
The first thing that you’ll need to do when making this recipe is to cook the bacon and then whip up the homemade avocado mayo. After that, you’ll be all set to start making the chaffles themselves.
- Cook the bacon. Add 3 bacon slices to a skillet and cook over medium heat until crunchy.
- Set aside. Remove the bacon from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the dry chaffle ingredients. Add the almond flour, baking powder, and (optionally) flaxseed meal to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Prepare the egg and cheese. Add the egg and shredded mozzarella cheese to a separate bowl and mix to combine.
- Whisk. Add the almond flour mixture into the egg and cheese mixture and whisk to combine.
- Prepare the waffle maker. Preheat a mini waffle maker. You could also use a regular waffle to make your chaffles. Just slice them into quarters to make smaller pieces.
- Cook. Pour half the chaffle batter into the mini waffle maker and cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finish it off. Top the cooked chaffle with 1-2 tbsp of avocado mayo, lettuce, tomato, and bacon. You can then add the remaining chaffle to make a sandwich.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
How to Make Homemade Avocado Mayo
You’ll never go back to store bought mayo again as soon as you get your first taste of this homemade avocado mayo:
- Blend. Add one medium avocado, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, minced garlic cloves, and your choice of either olive oil or avocado oil to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Wait. Set the avocado mayo aside until you’re ready to add it to your chaffle sandwich.
Can I Make These Keto Chaffles Ahead of Time?
Chaffles are a great candidate for meal prepping ahead of time. If you want to get your chaffles ready in advance, you can simply follow the recipe to make the chaffles as normally.
You can then keep your chaffles stored in either the fridge or the freezer until you’re ready to make the homemade mayo and prepare your chaffle BLT sandwiches.
Can I Freeze Keto Chaffles?
You can definitely freeze these keto chaffles.
As with anything that you plan on freezing, you’ll first want to make sure that you let the chaffles cool off completely. I then usually put my chaffles in a freezer-safe plastic bag with single sheets of parchment paper between them to keep them from sticking together.
You’ll be able to keep these keto chaffles frozen for up to 1-2 weeks.
(You may also like: Keto BLT Frittata)
Keto Chaffle BLT Sandwich with Avocado Mayo
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
For the chaffle:
- ½ cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp flaxseed meal (optional)
For the avocado mayo:
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
The rest of ingredients:
- 2–3 tomato slices
- 2–3 lettuce leaves
- 3 bacon slices
- Add the bacon slices to a skillet and cook over medium heat until crunchy.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the avocado mayo, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- To make the chaffle, in a small bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder and flaxseed meal.
- In another bowl combine the egg and shredded mozzarella.
- Add the almond flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Preheat a mini waffle maker.
- Place half the batter in the mini waffle maker.
- Cook for 3-5 minute or until golden brown.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp avocado mayo on one chaffle, top with lettuce, tomato, bacon and remaining chaffle to make sandwich.
- Serve immediately.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe