This twice baked keto cauliflower casserole is my go-to when I want to have a soul-satisfying, cheesy, fueling and easy-to-make dinner. My family and friends are absolutely obsessed with it and request for me to make it all the time. If you love cheesy cauliflower, definitely give this low carb casserole recipe a try.
How to Make Loaded Twice Baked Keto Cauliflower Casserole
Making low carb twice baked keto cauliflower casseroles is one of my favorite ways to prepare a comforting, nutrient-dense dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Here’s one of my most highly requested recipes.
- Preheat the oven while you prepare the cauliflower. Multi-tasking, am I right? Cut the cauliflower head into bite-sized florets and then place them into your baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake. Season with salt and black pepper to taste and bake the cauliflower for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the bacon crumble. While your cauliflower is baking, use a nonstick skillet to cook your bacon until it’s brown and crispy. Crumble and set aside.
- Prepare the cheese mixture. Use a bowl to combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese. Don’t forget to season the cheese mixture with a bit of salt!
- Add to cauliflower. Once the cauliflower is done, comes the fun part. Remove the baking dish and dollop the cheese mixture allll over top of the cauliflower. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake. Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and sliced green onions before serving.
Tips for Getting the Perfect Cauliflower Texture
Here are a few quick tips to keep in mind to help improve your cauliflower texture when making this recipe:
- Mash the cauliflower. Don’t be afraid to use a potato masher to give your cauliflower mixture a few quick mashes if you want a finer cauliflower casserole texture.
- Try making with roasted cauliflower. You can make this recipe using raw cauliflower like this recipe calls for, but I actually find it can be even better when you make it with roasted cauliflower; I find that it adds a richer flavor to the twice baked casserole.
Keto-friendly Cauliflower Casserole Substitutes
If you would rather use different veggies to make yourself a low carb vegetable casserole, that’s definitely an option as well. Here are a few of my favorite veggies to use in my keto casseroles:
- Broccoli (and cheese!)
- Sweet potatoes
Can I Freeze Twice Baked Cauliflower Keto Casserole?
You can definitely freeze this cauliflower casserole to reheat later on and enjoy as leftovers.
If you plan on freezing it, I strongly recommend baking the keto cauliflower casserole in a dish that’s both oven-safe and freezer-safe. This makes it as easy as transferring the dish straight into the freezer; no fuss whatsoever.
With that in mind, the first thing you’ll want to do is allow the casserole to cool off completely when it comes out of the oven. You’ll then be able to put the dish in the freezer, where the casserole will keep for up to 4-6 months.
What’s the Best Way to Reheat Cauliflower Casserole?
The best way to reheat cauliflower casserole is to simply put it straight in the oven from the freezer; don’t bother with thawing it out in the fridge overnight or anything like that.
Simply preheat your oven to 400℉, remove the casserole dish from the freezer, and reheat it until it’s warmed through.
(You may also like: Cheesy Keto Broccoli Casserole)
More Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Recipes:
Cheesy Twice Baked Loaded Keto Cauliflower Casserole
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large head (about 2 pounds) cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a nonstick skillet until brown and crispy.
- Crumble and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, 1 cup shredded cheddar and sour cream.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Dollop the cheese mixture over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheddar.
- Return the baking dish in the oven and bake for additional 5-7 minutes or until cheddar is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and sliced green onions and serve.