Just wait until you guys get a taste of this cheesy cabbage casserole recipe. It’s made with a variety of tasty low carb ingredients that keep the casserole deliciously spicy while still staying 100% keto-friendly as well.
How to Make Keto Cabbage Casserole
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this yummy low carb casserole:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Cook the onion. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook the beef. Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add the spices. Add the chili powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Add the vegetables. Add the tomato sauce and one can of tomatoes with green chiles. Add the cabbage and stir to combine.
- Cook. Cook the mixture for 20-25 minutes, giving it an occasional stirring.
- Prepare for baking. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Add the cheese. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish. Top with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve. Serve warm.
How to Store Keto Cabbage Casserole Leftovers
If you have any leftovers of this keto cabbage casserole, you’re going to want to keep them covered tightly inside of an airtight container and then store them in the fridge.
When stored in the fridge like this, your casserole leftovers should keep for up to 3-5 days.
Alternatively, you can also freeze your leftovers for up to 12 months.
Best Way to Reheat a Keto Cabbage Casserole
The best way to reheat your cabbage casserole is to simply once again throw it in the oven at about 350℉ until it’s warmed through. If you’re reheating a frozen casserole, it’s also recommended to let it thaw out to room temperature before placing it in the oven.
(Also try: Garlic Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry)
Cheesy Cabbage Casserole (Keto, Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ head of cabbage chopped into medium chunks
- 1 (14 oz) can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Add the chili powder, smoked paprika and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomatoes with green chiles.
- Add the cabbage and stir to combine.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.