Attention keto cake lovers, your new favorite dessert might just be this keto butter cake. This recipe makes an irresistibly good keto-friendly bundt cake that’s packed full of nutritious ingredients without sacrificing the soft, moist texture of a cake.
How to Make Keto Butter Cake
The first thing that you’ll want to do when making this recipe is to prepare the bundt cake from scratch:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the pan. Lightly grease a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour and baking powder to a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Beat. Use the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to beat together the eggs and a low carb granulated sweetener for 3-5 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Add the melted butter, sour cream, and pure vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the almond flour mixture. Add in the prepared almond flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Bake. Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Skewer. Remove the cake from the oven and use a skewer to poke holes in it.
- Pour. Pour the homemade low carb syrup (see below for details on how to make) over top of the cake.
- Wait. Allow the cake to stand while the syrup is absorbed.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the cake for a minimum of 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Invert. Carefully invert the cake onto a plate.
- (Optional) Decorate. Dust the cake with a powdered low carb sweetener if using.
- Serve. Slice and serve.
How to Make Low Carb Syrup
While your cake is baking in the oven, you should turn your attention towards making the low carb syrup:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the butter, low carb sweetener, pure vanilla extract, and water to a small saucepan.
- Cook. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sweetener has totally dissolved.
- Pour. Pour the syrup over top of the bundt cake once it comes out of the oven.
Is Keto Butter Cake Healthy?
Keto butter cake recipes like this one can be surprisingly healthy dessert options thanks to the fact that they’re made with real, whole food ingredients. As a matter of fact, here are a couple of proven health benefits that this particular keto butter cake can provide you with:
- Good for your heart health. Since this cake uses almond flour, a common keto baking staple, you’ll be getting all of the great cardioprotective benefits that almond flour provides. Studies have shown that almonds can help to relieve high blood pressure, lower LDL cholesterol levels, and lower your risk of heart disease and stroke. (1)
- Good source of dietary fiber. Almond flour is also a solid source of dietary fiber. Fiber is particularly important for keto dieters, as it is known to provide numerous proven health benefits in its own right. These benefits include normalizing bowel movements, reducing cholesterol, and lowering your risk of developing certain types of cancers. (2)
(Also try: Keto Tres Leches Mug Cake)
Keto Butter Cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
For the cake:
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the syrup:
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
For decoration (optional):
- 1–2 tsp powdered low carb sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the eggs and sweetener until pale and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the butter, sour cream and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add in the almond flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake bakes, make the syrup.
- Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sweetener has dissolved.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- Use a skewer to poke holes into the bundt cake.
- Pour the syrup over the cake.
- Let stand until the syrup is absorbed.
- Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Carefully invert the cake onto plate.
- Dust with powder sweetener (if using) and serve.