Perfectly Cooked Sheet Pan Keto Burgers (Easy recipe!)
Burger night is very much a thing in my home because it gives the kids an opportunity to cook their own burger patties. We all like our burgers at varying stages of doneness, so we let them do their own thing. These keto burgers take no time to prepare and are absolutely satisfying when served fresh. I highly recommend this for anyone who loves burgers or meat in general.
When it comes to burgers, the cut and quality of the meat is the most important. With good meat, you can get away with fewer ingredients because the flavor of the beef is already outstanding on its own. For this keto burger recipe, I recommend 80/20 chuck, which is actually a popular cut for burgers. The 80/20 split means that the beef is 20% fat to give your patties plenty of moisture and of course, flavor. Seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder, you can’t go wrong.
How to Make Sheet Pan Keto Burgers In The Oven
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 425℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the burgers. Add the ground beef, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to a bowl. Mix to combine and then form into 4 patties.
- Place the patties on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the bacon and red onion slices to the same baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 18 minutes.
- Remove the burgers from the oven, top with cheese. Return to the oven to bake for an additional 1-2 minutes (or until the cheese melts).
- Serve. Serve with a dollop of mayonnaise on lettuce leaves and top each of them with onion slices, a beef patty, bacon, and sliced pickles. Serve immediately.
Can I Make Keto-friendly Burgers With Another Cut of Beef?
Whenever I make these burgers, I like to use ground beef that’s an 80/20 chuck mix because I find that it results in the best flavor and keto burgers with the ideal fat content to turn out perfectly juicy.
However, you can definitely feel free to use your favorite cut of beef when making your own burgers if you would like.
How to Check the Doneness of Your Burger
To test your burger patty’s doneness, insert a meat thermometer through the side and into the center. The internal temperature should be anywhere between 145 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. The higher the temperature, the less pink it will be in the center.
Should the Burger Rest After Cooking?
Some people choose to let their burger patties rest after cooking, much like they would with a steak. This helps lock in the juices in the meat, sealing in moisture and flavor. However, for this recipe, you can serve it immediately after cooking while it’s still warm.
Can I Use Hamburger Buns With These Sheet Pan Keto Burgers?
If you would rather enjoy your keto burgers with a more traditional type of bun instead of on lettuce leaves, it’s definitely possible to do that and still keep things low carb.
All you need is this easy to make recipe for making low carb hamburger buns. The buns are made from an excellent mix of low carb ingredients that are all 100% keto friendly and they go perfectly with these juicy sheet pan burgers.
(You may also like: Low Carb Keto Hamburger Buns)
Out of This World Sheet Pan Keto Burgers (Bunless)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
For the burgers:
1 pound ground beef (80/20 chuck is best)
¾ tsp salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
For the toppings:
4 slices raw bacon
1 small red onion, cut into ¼ thick slices
4 slices Cheddar cheese
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sliced pickles
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the ground beef, salt, black pepper and garlic powder to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Form into 4 patties and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the bacon and onion slices on the same baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, top the burgers with cheese and return to the oven.
- Bake for 1 or 2 more minutes.
- To serve, dollop the mayonnaise onto lettuce leaves and top with onion slice, patty, bacon and sliced pickles. Serve immediately.
I just made this dish and it was quick and so delicious!!