This recipe for making a 6-ingredient keto chicken wing sauce might just be the easiest way to make homemade buffalo wing sauce completely from scratch. This low carb sauce has just the right amount of tanginess and spiciness to make one addictive sauce.
How to Make Keto Chicken Wing Sauce
Here’s exactly how easy it is to make this 6-ingredient keto chicken wing sauce from scratch:
- Combine the ingredients. Add ⅓ cup of Frank’s Red Hot sauce, cold unsalted butter, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt to taste to a saucepan.
- Simmer. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, whisking frequently. When the sauce begins to bubble, remove it from the heat.
- Serve. Serve the chicken wing sauce with your favorite low carb recipes.
Use Keto Chicken Wing Sauce in These Recipes
Here are a few of my favorite recipes to use with this homemade buffalo chicken wing sauce:
- Chicken wings (obviously!)
- Buffalo chicken pizza
- Buffalo chicken casserole
- Buffalo chicken tacos
- Crockpot buffalo chicken
- Buffalo chicken mac and cheese
How to Store Keto Chicken Wing Sauce
The best way to store this keto chicken wing sauce is to transfer it into an airtight container and then store it in the fridge.
The sauce will keep for up to one week when stored like this (homemade sauces won’t last as long as store-bought brands as they’re made with whole food ingredients with no preservatives).
You can also freeze the sauce instead for up to 2-3 months; just store it in a freezer-safe plastic bag and keep an eye on it for signs of mold or a foul odor. As long as there are no signs of either, your sauce will be good to go.
(Also try: Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos)
Keto Chicken Wing Sauce (Low Carb Buffalo Sauce from Scratch)
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 1/2 cup 1x
- 1/3 cup Frank’s RedHot® sauce
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ⅛ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking frequently.
- When starts to bubble, remove from the heat.
- Sea aside for use.