For those of you who want a quick and easy keto buffalo chicken meatball recipe, it really doesn’t get much better than this! Try this super simple (but tasty) recipe.
How to Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Preheat the oven and line your baking sheet. Line your baking sheet with some parchment paper to prevent your meatballs from sticking.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl. Mix together your ground chicken. egg, aromatics, herbs, coconut flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix well!
- Form the meatballs. Use a spoon or scooper to scoop out 2 tablespoons per meatball.
- Add the cheese. Press the cheese cube into each meatball and wrap the mixture over it.
- Place the meatballs on the baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
How to Make Homemade Keto-friendly Buffalo Sauce
My homemade buffalo sauce is my favorite even among store-bought buffalo sauces. It’s full of flavor, has a bit of bite to it of course, and just the right amount of tanginess.
- Mix together your butter and hot sauce.
- Mix well until well-incorporated.
Can You Freeze Homemade Buffalo Chicken Meatballs?
Yes! You can freeze these chicken meatballs for up to a month and it will still be excellent even when reheated.
I recommend making the sauce fresh, since it’s so easy to prepare anyway. However, if you would like to freeze the sauce with the meatballs, just know that sometimes freezing can affect the spice level of the dish, making it milder or less intense.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
(You may also like: Mozzarella Stuffed Keto Meatballs with Homemade Marinara Sauce)
Crave-worthy Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 green onion, finely sliced plus extra for serving
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- salt and black pepper, to taste
For the buffalo sauce:
- ¾ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the meatballs, in a bowl place the ground chicken, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, green onion, celery, coconut flour, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix to combine.
- Form the meatballs into 2 tablespoons sized balls.
- Press 1 cube of cheese into each meatball, covering cheese completely.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, combine the Frank’s RedHot sauce and butter.
- Pour the mixture over the meatballs and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with extra sliced green onion and serve.
Other Must-Try Keto Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Keto Chicken Nuggets – These chicken nuggets have been a lifesaver for me as a quick lunch or dinner idea. As an added bonus, my kids absolutely love this recipe with a bit of keto ketchup.
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole – This recipe is a dream for home cooks and heavensent for any busy parent who wants a nourishing meal on the table with minimal effort.
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip – As far as finger foods go, this is one of my favorite and an homage to the ever popular chips and dip.
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Wings – I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who has tried this chicken wings recipe of mine and not gone back for seconds. Try it and see for yourself!