Flaky (And Buttery) Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Bree - KetoPots.com
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
For the biscuits:
- 1 ½ cups finely ground almond flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 egg
For the gravy:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp black pepper
- To make the biscuits, add the almond flour, garlic powder, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum in a bowl and mix to combine.
- In another bowl combine the egg and butter.
- Add the almond flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 balls.
- Flatten each ball into a disk.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- To make the gravy, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the breakfast sausage and cook until no longer pink.
- Combine the broth and cream cheese and stir in.
- Combine the heavy cream and xanthan gum and stir in.
- Add the black pepper and mix to combine.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened to your liking.
- Split biscuits in half and serve with gravy.