Today’s recipe is all about making a low carb keto beer cheese soup that will absolutely blow your mind; it certainly did for me. You’ll be using a small amount of non-alcoholic beer along with a variety of keto approved, whole food ingredients in order to keep this soup recipe nice and low carb–a real must try!
How to Make a Keto Beer Cheese Soup
It should take you less than 30 minutes to make this mind blowing low carb beer cheese soup from scratch thanks to this easy to follow recipe:
- Melt the butter. Add the butter to a large pot and melt over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and bell pepper. Add a diced small onion and diced medium red bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook the garlic. Add the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add in more ingredients. Add the cream cheese, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, and paprika.
- Stir. Stir the mixture until it is smooth.
- Add the beer and chicken broth. Add in the non-alcoholic beer and chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
- Boil. Bring to a boil before reducing the heat to low.
- Add the cheese. Add the shredded Cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
- Serve. Serve the beer cheese soup along with crumbled bacon and sliced green onion.
2 Tips for Making the Best Keto Soups
Here are a few of our top tips for making the very best keto approved soups:
- Don’t forget the protein and fat sources. Many people unfortunately shy away from soup recipes because they mistakenly think they aren’t satiating enough. That’s exactly why it’s so important to include plenty of keto approved ingredients that provide protein and dietary fat.
- Use a variety of low carb veggies. It’s also essential to include plenty of low carb vegetables as part of your keto diet plan. Make sure you’re eating plenty of healthy greens in particular, as they’ll provide you with plenty of essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
Can I Freeze This Keto Beer Cheese Soup?
Unfortunately, I can’t recommend freezing any soup recipe that uses any type of cheese as an ingredient.
Soups that include dairy products are more likely to lose their deliciously creamy texture after the freezing and thawing out process; it typically ends up separating or becoming slightly grainy, which can be off-putting for some folks.
In the event that you do have leftovers for this beer cheese soup, I would recommend simply keeping it sealed tightly inside of an airtight container in the fridge. This soup recipe will keep for up to 3-4 days when stored like this.
(You may also like: 5 Soul-Satisfying Keto Chicken Soup Recipes)
Low Carb Keto Beer Cheese Soup (You need to try this!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ small onion, diced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup non-alcoholic beer
- 12 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced (optional)
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cream cheese, mustard, soy sauce and paprika.
- Stir until it is smooth.
- Add the beer and chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add the cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
- Serve the soup with crumbled bacon and sliced green onion.