Mozzarella Shell Avocado Keto Taco with Spicy Green Garlic Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOK
Make sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
- 1 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 large avocados
- ½ lime, juiced
- salt and black pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of ½ lime
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt to taste
- To make the shells, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Place 1/3 cup piles of cheese 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts and turns lightly brown.
- Let the cheese cool for 2-3 minutes then using the spatula lift it up and place it over the handle of a tong or other utensils that is balanced on two cups.
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate unit ready to use.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon.
- In a large bowl place the avocado flesh and lime juice.
- Roughly mash with a fork.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Fill the taco shells with mashed avocado.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve.