Perfectly caramelized oven baked garlic roasted keto asparagus is one of the best low carb side dishes or healthy snacks you can have! Asparagus is very low carb, 100% keto-friendly and there are so many ways to roast it in the oven.
How to Roast Asparagus
- Trim the ‘woody’ ends off of your asparagus. These are the tough, brownish ends of your asparagus spears.
- Drizzle with oil and season and gently toss. A bit of olive oil will help cook the asparagus.
- Roast on a baking sheet. Line your baking sheet with foil to help with clean-up, otherwise you can just directly place your asparagus on your baking sheet. Roast until your asparagus is bright green or is easily pierced with your fork.
- Top with cheese and bake. It’s done once the cheese has started to bubble and has brown spots on top.
Want Something Lighter? Make This Keto Asparagus Recipe Instead
I love adding melted cheese to my asparagus, but if you’re looking for something lighter to complement your meal, I highly recommend this variation made with garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil and lemon.
The Parmesan cheese still gives this recipe a ton of flavor without it being too rich or creamy so that it doesn’t overpower your main dish.
Also, freshly grated Parmesan is great, but you could also just use the bottled Parmesan shakers that are readily available.
Other Roasted Asparagus Variations
There are so many ways to change up this roasted asparagus recipe. Here are some other combinations that I highly recommend:
- bacon-wrapped roasted asparagus
- roasted asparagus with mushrooms
- roasted asparagus with feta
- roasted asparagus with honey and balsamic
- roasted asparagus with cayenne and red pepper flakes
Is Asparagus Keto-Friendly?
Asparagus offers a wide range of nutrients with just 3.88 grams of carbohydrates for every 100 grams. Of those 3.88 grams of carbohydrates, 2.1 grams are composed of dietary fiber, making it very low in net carbohydrates. (1)
This makes asparagus one of the most keto-friendly vegetables out there, and something you could have for every meal without affecting your state of ketosis.
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Keto Asparagus
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ¼ cup shredded Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the olive oil and garlic to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Arrange the asparagus on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes or until the cheeses is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
What to Serve With Roasted Asparagus
The best part about this roasted asparagus recipe is that it goes with just about anything. Here are some of my go-to dishes to pair it with:
- Grandma-Approved Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy – I usually serve this steak and gravy recipe with a side of broccoli or roasted asparagus.
- Crunchy Munchy Baked Keto Chicken Tenders – An easy ‘finger-food’ pairing that the kids always enjoy with my roasted asparagus.
- Easy Sheet Pan Keto Chicken Breast Meal for the Whole Family – This is one of my go-to chicken breast recipes when I need something super simple. I use either zucchini or roasted asparagus and both turn out great every time.
- The Most Tender Crockpot Roast Beef Ever – It’s true; this is truly the most tender roast beef I’ve ever made, and it’s even better with a side of roasted asparagus with lots of melted cheese.
- No-Hassle Soul-Satisfying Instant Pot Keto Pot Roast – Soul food with a side of nutritious veg–that’s exactly what you’ll get with pot roast and asparagus combo. I love making the Parmesan cheese variation with this recipe to balance out the richness of the pork.
P.S. If you’re looking for more quick and addictive roasted keto asparagus recipes, give these easy recipes a try:
- Cheesy Baked Asparagus with Bacon (That Low Carb Life)
- Simple Oven Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic (The Moments At Home)
- Ham and Cheese Baked Asparagus (All Day I Dream About Food)