Authentic (and Low Carb) Keto Italian Antipasto Salad
Making your own keto Italian antipasto salad is easier than you think. This recipe offers a satisfying low carb spin on this classic appetizer, while still providing that classic Italian flavor that you know and love.
How to Make Keto Italian Antipasto Salad
It’s honestly so quick and easy to prepare this keto Italian antipasto salad; just follow these simple directions:
- Toss. Add the chopped peppered salami, chopped prosciutto, mini mozzarella balls, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped pepperoncini peppers, chopped artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, olive oil, white wine vinegar, and chopped fresh basil to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. I make sure to use freshly cracked pepper for this.
- Refrigerate. Cover the salad and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours (or overnight).
- Garnish. Top with extra fresh basil leaves and serve.
What is an Antipasto Salad?
Antipasto salad is a traditional Italian salad that is typically served as the very first course of a meal.
That’s actually where the word ‘antipasto’ comes from as well – the Latin root “anti” means “before”, while “pasto” means “meal” – the before meal salad.
It usually consists of a variety of cured meats (like salami and prosciutto), cheese, and marinated vegetables. The type of veggies that most commonly go into antipasto salad are olives, artichoke hearts, red peppers or pepperoncini peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
Can I Make Keto Italian Antipasto Salad Ahead?
This keto Italian antipasto salad recipe is actually a great candidate for a make ahead meal.
Simply prepare the recipe as you usually would and transfer the salad into an airtight container. You’ll be able to keep it stored in the fridge for up to 2-3 days like this.
As with most salads, they are best served fresh. I would recommend keeping the ingredients prepped in individual containers instead of mixing them all together and storing them in one container if you plan on keeping them in the fridge longer than 2-3 days to better preserve the textures of the ingredients.
(You may also like: Keto Cobb Salad)
Keto Italian Antipasto Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
- 8 oz peppered salami, chopped
- 6 oz proscuitto, chopped
- 8 oz mini mozzarella balls
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mild pepperoncini peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts (drained, chopped)
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped plus extra for serving
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with extra fresh basil leaves and serve.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe