Just wait until you guys get a load of this recipe for making the most amazing 5-ingredient almond cookies. Requiring only a handful of keto approved whole food ingredients, these cookies are the perfect little snack to have on hand.
How to Make 5-Ingredient Keto Almond Cookies
These 5-ingredient almond cookies aren’t just easy to make; they’re also pretty much the very definition of a delicious and nutritious keto baked treat.
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 300℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour and a low carb granulated sweetener into a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Whisk. Use the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to whisk the egg whites until medium peaks form.
- Add the vanilla. Add the vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Fold. Working in batches, gently fold the egg whites into the almond flour mixture.
- Prepare for baking. Use either a mini ice cream scoop or two spoons to form heaping tablespoons of the mixture into mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
- (Optional) Drizzle. Drizzle with melted sugar-free dark chocolate if using.
- Refrigerate. Place the cookies in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
2 Useful Tips for Keeping Your Cookies Keto
Here are some handy tips to keep in mind when you’re making homemade cookies from scratch; they should help you to keep your recipes low carb and keto-friendly:
- Be mindful of the ingredients. When it comes to making keto cookies from scratch, it’s all about the ingredients. You’re going to want to make sure you’re avoiding using grains, starches, or any type of carb heavy sweeteners. This can be easier said than done because some keto mixes still contain too many carbs. This is why homemade is always better.
Stick with tried and true keto baking staples like almond flour, coconut flour, and low carb granulated sweeteners like Stevia.
- Simplicity is best. Quite often, it’s the easiest cookie recipes that turn out the best. When making keto approved cookies, you can usually get away with recipes that only require a few simple ingredients. This quick and easy 5-ingredient recipe is a great example of that; there are even keto cookie recipes that can be made with only 2 ingredients!
Are Keto Almond Cookies Actually Good for You?
I mentioned earlier how these 5-ingredient almond cookies were the very definition of a delicious and nutritious keto treat, and here are 2 proven reasons why:
- Great for your heart health. Almond flour is an excellent source of monounsaturated dietary fatty acids. This type of dietary fat has been found to provide a wide range of fantastic benefits for your heart health, including lowering blood pressure, regulating cholesterol levels, and decreasing your overall risk of cardiovascular disease. (1)
- Provides disease-fighting antioxidants. In addition, almond flour also contains antioxidative benefits. Almonds are known to be a great source of these beneficial compounds, with one study even finding that daily almond consumption was able to significantly decrease oxidative stress biomarkers over a 4-week period. (2)
(You may also like: Keto Lemon Cookies)
5-Ingredient Keto Almond Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 15 1x
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour
- 1 cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz sugar-free dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour and sweetener. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment place the egg whites.
- Whisk the egg whites until medium peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the almond flour mixture, working in batches.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or two spoons, form heaping tablespoons of the mixture into mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set.