We all have our favorite picks when it comes to low carb snack dips. After all, there are plenty of great options available; cheese dips, salsa, and guacamole are just a few tasty examples out of many.
Today, we’re going to be taking an in-depth look at one of those aforementioned dips: salsa.
Is salsa keto? Read on to find out.
What Makes Salsa Such a Popular Choice for Low Carb Diets?
Out of all of the low carb dipping options out there, salsa just might be the most popular of them all. Here are just a few of the main reasons why:
- Salsa is typically made from a variety of low carb, keto-friendly ingredients like onions, bell peppers, garlic, tomatoes, etc.
- It’s low in both calories and net carbs; a 100 gram serving size of salsa only contains 36 calories and about 5 grams of net carbs.
- Salsa dip pairs beautifully with all kinds of popular low carb snacking options.
Is Salsa Keto?
Salsa is 100% a keto-friendly condiment.
As salsa is typically made with low carb vegetables, it stays low in both calories and net carbs. And since it’s made with a variety of different veggies, it’s also an incredibly nutrient-dense dipping option. It’s loaded with essential micronutrients and antioxidants.
It’s also quite easy to prepare your own homemade salsa mixtures completely from scratch. There are plenty of fantastic keto salsa recipes available online; alternatively, you can check further below for our top keto-friendly salsa brand recommendations.
Salsa Nutrition Facts
Here is the approximate nutritional breakdown for a 100 gram serving size of your typical keto approved salsa:
- 36 calories
- 0.2 grams dietary fat
- 1.5 grams protein
- 7 grams carbs
- 1.4 grams dietary fiber
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 430 mg sodium
- 270 mg potassium
Good Keto Salsa and Dip Recipes
What Are the Best Keto-Friendly Salsa Brands?
Here are our top picks for the 3 best keto-friendly salsa brands:
- Naked Infusions Signature Mild Salsa – This low carb, gluten-free salsa option is full-bodied and savory; perfect for salsa lovers who don’t want their salsa to be overly spicy.
- Naked Infusions Signature Extra Hot Salsa – Naked Infusions are such a top notch keto salsa brand that they’ve earned a second spot on this list with their extra hot salsa option; this one’s for you, spicy salsa lovers.
- Frontera Roasted Tomato Salsa – Last but not least is this delectable blend of salsa made with sweet tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and chile. Yum!
Keto Salsa Alternatives
Looking for an alternative option to salsa that’s still 100% keto-friendly? No worries, you can just use any of these keto approved alternatives: