Alfredo sauce is an incredibly popular pasta sauce that has a genuinely unbelievable number of uses. It’s such a popular pasta staple that it’s only natural that many people wonder if it’s viable for the ketogenic diet. So what’s the deal? Is alfredo sauce keto?
Today, we’re going to be taking an in-depth look at the popular pasta sauce in order to definitively answer that very question.
What Makes Alfredo Sauce Such a Popular Choice for Low Carb Diets?
It’s no secret that alfredo sauce is wildly popular. So with that in mind, let’s look at three of the main reasons why it’s become so popular with low carb dieters in particular:
- Alfredo sauce is a delicious pasta sauce that’s typically made with a variety of low carb ingredients like cream cheese, heavy cream, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
- It’s an excellent source of both saturated fat and protein, the two main macros that low carb dieters are looking for.
- Alfredo sauce is super easy to incorporate into a ton of keto pasta recipes.
Is Alfredo Sauce Keto?
Alfredo sauce can indeed be a 100% keto-friendly sauce.
Fortunately for keto pasta lovers, you can both find plenty of commercially available keto-friendly alfredo sauce brands on store shelves (see below for our top picks) or you can quickly and easily make your own version from scratch.
Since alfredo sauce is typically made with ingredients that are keto staples (heavy cream, cheese, garlic, etc.), it’s incredibly easy to incorporate it into a variety of different low carb pasta dishes. And since it uses so many keto staples, you can rest assured knowing that alfredo sauce will provide you with plenty of both protein and dietary fat.
All in all, alfredo sauce is an easy recommendation to make for any and all keto dieters who love pasta.
Alfredo Sauce Nutrition Facts
Here is the approximate nutritional breakdown for a 100 gram serving size of alfredo sauce:
- 535 calories
- 36 grams dietary fat
- 15 grams protein
- 37 grams carbs
- 2 grams dietary fiber
- 5 grams sugar
- 56 mg cholesterol
- 2590 mg sodium
- 254 mg potassium
Good Keto Alfredo Sauce Recipe
What Are the Best Keto-Friendly Alfredo Sauce Brands?
If you would rather pick up a bottle of keto-friendly alfredo sauce instead of making it from scratch, then you can’t go wrong with any of these brands. They’re all 100% keto approved and oh so tasty:
- Primal Kitchen No-Dairy Alfredo Sauce – This alfredo sauce is made with avocado oil and it’s 100% keto-friendly, vegan-friendly, and dairy-free.
- Rao’s Homemade Alfredo Sauce – A delicious blend of cream, butter, cheese, and salt and pepper result in one of the best keto alfredo sauces that I’ve ever tried.
- Spinellis Sauce Co Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta Sauce – Spinellis Sauce Co is another great company who put out high quality, keto-friendly products and this amazing alfredo sauce made from cauliflower is no exception.
Keto Alfredo Sauce Alternatives
There are plenty of other keto approved pasta sauces that you can make use of when it comes to making delicious and nutritious keto pasta meals. Here are 3 more of our top picks (as an added bonus, they’re all super easy to make from scratch as well):