Homemade Ricotta Keto Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ cup ricotta cheese, well drained
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated plus extra for serving
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup homemade or store-bought pesto sauce
- olive oil or butter for cooking
- Place the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, coconut flour, xanthan gum and salt in a food processor and pulse a few time to combine.
- Add the egg and ricotta and process until mixture comes together in a ball.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and knead it for a 1-2 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Refrigerate for minimum one hour.
- Sprinkle the cutting board with coconut flour.
- Shape small portions of the dough into long “snakes”.
- Cut the snakes into 1 inch pieces.
- Press each piece with a fork.
- Refrigerate the gnocchi for minimum 30 minutes before cooking or until ready to cook.
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a nonstick pan over low heat.
- Add the gnocchi and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add pesto and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with extra grated Parmesan and serve.