Every now and then a new keto recipe will come along and completely knock your socks off, and this Hawaiian pizza sheet pan keto chicken breast meal is exactly that. The recipe makes one protein-packed sheet pan meal that offers up the classic taste of Hawaiian pizza, all in one totally keto-friendly package.
How to Make Hawaiian Pizza Sheet Pan Keto Chicken Breast
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this Hawaiian pizza style sheet pan meal:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the pizza sauce. Add the sugar free ketchup, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and avocado oil to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the chicken on top of the sauce. Add the bite sized chicken breast pieces, red and yellow bell peppers, and the small red onion.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Bake. Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the pineapple. Add the pineapple chunks and cook for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- (Optional) Add the lime juice. Remove from the oven and squeeze lime juice over the sheet pan.
- (Optional) Add the cilantro. Add the fresh cilantro.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breast?
You can easily substitute chicken thighs in for the chicken breasts if you would prefer.
As a matter of fact, many keto dieters prefer to use dark meat like the thighs and drumsticks because of the fact they offer such an excellent blend of both protein and saturated fat.
3 Tips for Making Keto Sheet Pan Recipes
I absolutely love making sheet pan recipes like this one because they’re such a convenient (and easy) way to whip up a nutritious family dinner in nearly no time at all.
With that in mind, if you’re planning on making sheet pan dinners a regular staple in your household, here are some quick tips that will have you turning out sheet pan dinners like a pro in no time:
- Don’t add all of the ingredients all at once. You want to add the food to the sheet pan in stages when making sheet pan dinners. For example, that’s why this particular recipe starts out by cooking the chicken, bell peppers, and onion first before then adding the pineapple chunks afterwards.
- Aim for the perfect positioning. The best way to arrange your food on the sheet pan is to keep protein sources like chicken near the center, while having the veggies scattered around it on all sides.
- Don’t fill the pan. You’ll also want to make sure that you leave enough space for your ingredients to breathe a little bit as they cook, so make sure that you don’t overcrowd the pan! If you put too much food on the pan, you also run the risk of not having moisture evaporate properly due to the food being packed too tightly together.
Can I Freeze This Hawaiian Pizza Sheet Pan Recipe?
This Hawaiian pizza sheet pan chicken breast recipe is a great candidate for freezing any leftovers – or even just making ahead if you know that you have a busy week coming up.
You’ll of course want to make sure that you allow the chicken to cool completely once it comes out of the oven if you’re planning on freezing it. You can then add the chicken into either an airtight container or a heavy duty, freezer-safe Ziploc bag to store in the freezer.
You can expect this chicken recipe to keep when frozen like this for up to 4 months.
(More sheet pan chicken ideas: 6 Low Carb Chicken Keto Sheet Pan Meals)
Hawaiian Pizza Sheet Pan Keto Chicken Breast
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow red pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- ½ cup sugar free ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- juice of ½ lime (optional)
- fresh coriander (optional)
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl combine the ketchup, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and avocado oil.
- Add the chicken, bell peppers and onion.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the pineapple chunks and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Squeeze lime juice over the sheet pan.
- Add the cilantro (if using) and serve.