Cauliflower pizza crust has exploded in popularity these days thanks to the growing popularity of the keto diet. If you enjoy it as much as I do and looking for a completely satisfying and low carb pizza, definitely try this garlic chicken alfredo pizza (with cauliflower crust).
How to Make Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 400℉ before cauliflower prep.
- Prepare the cauliflower. After cutting your cauliflower into florets, add them into the bowl of a food processor and process until the cauliflower has the same texture as rice. Don’t overprocess it as it could turn into a mashed consistency.
- Prepare the crust dough. Add the cauliflower rice, almond flour, grated Parmesan cheese, and a lightly beaten egg to a large bowl and mix to combine. I like to add half the egg first and then add the rest of it a little of a time to make sure the texture comes out just right.
- Prepare the pizza dough for baking. Press the pizza dough mixture onto a round pizza tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake. Bake the crust for 20-25 minutes or until golden. It should be formed and somewhat hold its shape by this point.
- Spread. Remove the cooked pizza crust from the oven and spread the heavy cream mixture (see below for details on making the sauce) over top of it.
- Top. Top the pizza with shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced mushrooms, and chopped cooked chicken breast pieces.
- Bake. Bake the pizza in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Finish it off. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with baby spinach.
- Serve. Slice and serve warm.
How to Make Homemade Garlic Chicken Alfredo Sauce
This homemade garlic chicken alfredo sauce is sure to delight any pasta lovers out there; it’s super easy to make and it goes amazingly well with keto cauliflower pizza.
- Melt the butter. Use a non stick skillet to melt the butter over medium heat.
- Saute the minced garlic.
- Add the heavy cream and grated Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Keep cooking while constantly stirring the mixture until it has thickened to your liking.
- Season. Remove the sauce from the heat and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spread over the pizza crust. This makes for a super yummy base.
5 Other Great Keto Foods You Can Make with Cauliflower Florets
It never ceases to amaze me about just how many great ways there are to use cauliflower in order to make keto-friendly versions of your favorite dishes. Here are a few more great examples of keto foods that can be made with cauliflower florets:
- Cauliflower rice (like with this recipe)
- Cauliflower bread
- Cauliflower bagels
- Cauliflower tortillas
- Oven roasted cauliflower florets
Can I Freeze This Chicken Alfredo Keto Pizza?
While I wouldn’t recommend freezing this pizza after cooking it (the alfredo sauce will lose a lot of texture when thawing out), you can definitely make the cauliflower pizza dough ahead of time to freeze. This make ahead method works especially well if you’re planning on making more than one pizza.
Simply prepare the pizza dough as per the recipe instructions and then bake it for the recommended 20-25 minutes. Then allow it to cool completely before transferring the crust into an airtight container or heavy duty freezer-safe bag; if freezing multiple crusts then you can use parchment paper in between them to prevent them from sticking.
Whenever you’re ready to thaw out the pizza crust, you can simply reheat it in the oven at 300℉ until it has crisped up again. You can then add the toppings and follow the rest of the recipe as you normally would.
(You may also like: 5-Ingredient Keto Alfredo Sauce)
More Good Keto Pizza Recipes
- Keto Thin Crust Pizza
- Keto New York Pizza Crust
- White Keto Pizza Sauce
- Keto Fathead Pizza Dough
- Keto Pizza Sauce
- Keto Pizza Casserole
- Keto Chicken Pizza Crust
Garlic Chicken Alfredo Pizza (Keto-friendly and Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the crust:
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- ¼ tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- To make the crust, add the cauliflower florets to the bowl of food processor and process until it has the texture of rice.
- In a large bowl add the cauliflower rice, almond flour, Parmesan and lightly beaten egg and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture onto round pizza tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile make the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Remove the cooked pizza crust from the oven and spread with the cream mixture.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese, mushrooms and chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, top with baby spinach and serve.