Crave-worthy Four Cheese Keto Ravioli (Freezable and Low Carb)
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
For the dough:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tsp water or more as needed
- olive oil or butter for cooking
For the filling:
- ½ cup ricotta cheese, well drained
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- ¼ cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- salt and to black pepper to taste
- To make the filling, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and Gorgonzola in a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the dough, place the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum and salt in a food processor and pulse a few time to combine.
- With the motor running, add the egg and vinegar.
- Add water a little at a time, adding more if necessary until mixture comes together in a ball.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and knead it for a 1-2 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Refrigerate for minimum one hour.
- Cut the dough into four equal wedges.
- Sprinkle the dough generously with coconut flour.
- Roll out the pasta dough either by hand or using a pasta maker.
- Drop the filling mixture on the dough by teaspoonfuls about one inch apart.
- Cover the filling with the top sheet of pasta, pressing out the air from around each portion of filling.
- Use the ravioli stamp or cookie cutter to cut out each ravioli.
- Gather the remaining dough, roll it out and repeat until all of the dough has been used.
- To freeze- lay the ravioli flat on a baking sheet and freeze.
- Once frozen, transfer them to a ziplock bag.
- To cook- place the ravioli on a baking sheet and refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes or until ready to cook.
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a nonstick pan over low heat.
- Add the pasta and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Remove from the heat and serve with your favorite sauce.