Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Barbacoa (Crave-worthy Copycat Recipe)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours, 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOK
Make sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
- 3 pounds beef brisket or chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 2 medium chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (about 1 tbsp of sauce)
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 bay leaf
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a blender add the beef broth, chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, garlic, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, oregano, cumin and salt and black pepper to taste and blend until smooth.
- Place the beef in the slow cooker.
- Pour in the beef broth mixture.
- Add the bay leaves.
- Cover with a lid.
- Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Shred the meat with two forks and stir to combine.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.