This recipe for making a down home cauliflower potato salad is just what you need to have a delicious and nutritious appetizer ready to go for your next big summer cookout. It’s super easy to make and it’s chock full of 100% keto-friendly ingredients that are not only tasty, they’re also incredibly good for you.
How to Make Cauliflower Potato Salad
Here’s what you need to know in order to whup up this down home cauliflower potato salad from scratch:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 400℉.
- Prepare the cauliflower. Add the cauliflower florets to a baking pan.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and make sure everything is coated evenly before baking.
- Bake. Bake the cauliflower in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool. Take it out from the oven and let it cool down completely before chopping.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets.
- Combine the remaining ingredients. Add the mayonnaise, full fat plain yogurt, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, chopped pickles, and chopped fresh dill to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the cauliflower and eggs. Add the baked cauliflower and chopped hard boiled eggs and toss to combine.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
(Learn more: Is Cauliflower Keto or Too High in Carbs?)
3 Big Reasons Why Cauliflower is a Popular Keto Ingredient
Cauliflower has exploded in popularity over the last few years as a keto diet staple. Here are 2 of the biggest reasons why it has become so wildly popular:
- Cauliflower can be used to make low carb, keto-friendly versions of a variety of popular dishes (cauliflower mashed potatoes, cauliflower rice, cauliflower pizza crust, etc.)
- Cauliflower is incredibly nutrient-dense, providing keto dieters with a wealth of essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other beneficial plant compounds.
- Cauliflower has a mild, rather bland flavor, so that makes it ideal as a base for many recipes.
Can I Make This Cauliflower Potato Salad Ahead?
Yes, you can absolutely make this potato salad in advance.
As a matter of fact, one of the main reasons why this cauliflower potato salad is such a great option for summer get-togethers is because it’s such a great option for making ahead of time.
How Long Will This Cauliflower Potato Salad Keep?
This cauliflower potato salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days as long as you have it properly stored inside of an airtight container.
(You may also like: Low Carb Radish Keto Potato Salad)
Down Home Cauliflower Potato Salad (Keto-friendly and Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pounds cauliflower florets
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup chopped pickles
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup full fat plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Add the cauliflowers to a baking pan.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, Dijon mustard, vinegar, chopped pickles and dill.
- Add the cauliflower and eggs and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.