These keto jalapeno poppers are my go-to appetizer whether I’m hosting dinner at home or bringing them along for a potluck. They’re incredibly versatile, go with a wide variety of dips and sauces, and have a bit of bite to them without being too spicy.
How to Make Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- Make your filling. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wear gloves. Before handling the jalapeno peppers, make sure to wear gloves to protect your hands from burning.
- Slice off part of the jalapeno pepper. Make sure it is wide enough to hold the filling. PRO TIP: Slice a bit off the bottom of the jalapeno pepper to help it lie flat and prevent it from rocking back and forth due to the rounded edges.
- Wrap in bacon. Make sure to wrap the jalapeno pepper tightly so that it forms a shape around the pepper.
- Bake. Bake for about 20-25 minutes in the oven or until the bacon is browned.
Are Jalapeno Poppers Spicy?
Jalapenos are mildly spicy, though this can be subjective. However, you can tame or subdue its spiciness by removing the seeds before stuffing it.
Another option is to use either poblano (1,500 Scoville heat units) or banana peppers (500 Scoville heat units). Compared to jalapenos which come in at around 2,500–8,000 Scoville heat units, poblano or banana peppers are milder.
How Long Should You Bake Jalapeno Poppers (+ Other Tips You Should Know)
On average, it shouldn’t take more than 20-25 minutes to bake your jalapeno poppers. A good way to check for doneness is to see if the cheese has started to turn all gooey and bubbly with a nice golden brown top.
Jalapeno poppers are usually stuffed from the top, but you can also cut a slit ⅓ lengthwise and leave the bottom intact. This keeps the pepper’s shape and firmness for easier stuffing.
5 Best Keto-Friendly Bacon Brands
- Applegate Naturals No Sugar Bacon
- Naked Bacon Original Naked Bacon
- Pederson’s Natural Farms No Sugar Added Dry Rub Bacon
- Vande Rose Farms Applewood Smoked Artisan Dry Cured Bacon
- Nature’s Rancher No Sugar Added Hickory Smoked Uncured Bacon
(You may also like: Keto Chicago Hot Dog with Romaine Lettuce Bun)
Crave-worthy Keto Jalapeno Poppers (Bacon-Wrapped Snack)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 8 thin bacon slices, cut in half
- 8 jalapeños, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each half with one slice of bacon.
- Place the jalapenos in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crispy and browned.
- Serve immediately.
More Good Keto Jalapeno Pepper Recipes
- Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup (Kasey Trenum)
- 4 Ingredient Keto Jalapeno Cheese Bread (Sweet Cs Designs)
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower Mac and Cheese (Keto Cooking Christian)
- Keto Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Burger (Keto Daily)
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole (Two Sleevers)
- Keto Jalapeno Popper Fat Bombs (Health, Home, & Happiness)
- Crispy Keto Jalapeno Popper Chaffle (Ketogenic Woman)
- Keto Jalapeño Popper Taquitos with Bacon ( Maebells)
- Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken (All Day I Dream About Food)