Who can say no to crispy, crunchy bacon paired with creamy cheese dip? This keto bacon chip recipe is very straightforward to make. In fact, pretty much anyone can prepare this even with zero cooking experience, so definitely try this out for an easy and crave-worthy keto snack!
How to Make Crunchy Keto Bacon Chips in the Oven
- Prepare the bacon. Slice your bacon into ⅙ inch thick slices.
- Place a rack on a baking sheet inside the oven. Make sure there’s a baking sheet under the rack.
- Arrange the bacon on the rack. Space them apart so that each individual piece will become crispy on all sides.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice into pieces. The bacon should be firm enough to hold its shape as a chip, but not too brittle that it will crumble.
How to Make Homemade Jalapeño Cream Cheese
- Prepare your ingredients. I like taking out my cream cheese ahead of time to let it come down to room temperature before mixing–it’s easier that way!
- Make your dip. In a bowl, combine your cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder and jalapeño pepper.
- Refrigerate. Set it aside so you don’t swipe at it!
Tip for Crunchy Bacon Chips Every Time
By placing the bacon on a rack on a baking sheet inside the oven, this allows the bacon to cook all throughout as the heat crisps all sides. You won’t even have to flip it halfway, and bonus points for minimal clean-up because the oil just drips down onto the baking sheet!
How to Store and Reheat Keto Bacon Chips
Once the bacon strips are completely cool, place them in a ziploc or in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Cold bacon is not bad at all and I quite like it with a variety of dips like blue cheese for example, but if you want it heated, you can pop the bacon in the microwave for 30 seconds before serving.
(Also try: Crunchy Sweet Glazed Keto Bacon Chips)
Crunchy Keto Bacon Chips with Homemade Jalapeno Cream Cheese
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 8 oz bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder and jalapeño pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the bacon into 1/6 inch thick slices.
- Place a rack inside a baking sheet then arrange the bacon slices in one layer on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is golden brown and crispy.
- Cut in small pieces and serve with jalapeño cream cheese.
More Keto Chip Recipes to Try
- Keto Pepperoni Chips – Crisp up some good old pepperoni by baking it for less than 10 minutes and use them as the ultimate chip for cheese-based dips!
- Baked Kale Chips – Snacking healthy has never been this easy and it’s actually so tasty, you won’t even believe it’s kale.
- Keto Parmesan Chips – As far as umami bombs go, this recipe for Parmesan chips really takes the cake. I love the flavor of Parmesan, and the firmer cheese crisps up really nicely.
- Keto Zucchini Chips – This is one of the healthiest chips I have in rotation but I absolutely love how thin and delicate it comes out after baking. It crisps up nicely because it’s so thin, you can almost see through it.
- Keto Tortilla Chips – Take your snacking to the next level with these tortilla chips, especially if you’re an absolute cheese fiend like I am.
- Double Cheese Keto Chips – Double cheese chips quickly became a thing after I stumbled upon this recipe, and needless to say we’ve never done chips and dip the same way again.
Keto Baked Pork Rinds – When I’m looking for a thicker kind of chip, I go straight for the pork rinds because out of all the chip recipes I use regularly, this one holds its shape the best–excellent for pairinng with heavier dips because of its scooping power.